Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week 5 - Thing 12 - Web 2.0 Awards

They give out awards in a music category! I'm at work listening to music! Well... 30 seconds of music anyway. I had a look at last.fm. It's a social networking music site. If you type in a band it gives you a page of 30 second snippets (sometimes mercilessly hacked) from a wide range of their songs, plus videos, comments, groups, pictures, biographies and plenty more. Sure, 30 seconds isn't much, but I enjoyed the nostalgia. The site also suggests further listening and I found that the suggestions were generally pretty relevant. I put in Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds and it gave me pretty much my CD collection. I really need to buy some new music.

Here's one of those 30 second bits. I think they must have used a cheese grater to cut it out of the track, but it's still an excellent song.
Nick Cave and the Bad SeedsDeanna

2 comments:

The Cat in the Hat said...

Gavin Nick Cave is not linking

Anonymous said...

You need to click on the little "play" thingie on the left there. Not sure what the text links are supposed to go to, I just copied and pasted a script!